Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
For 2024: A New Identity on Offense?
If they continue to throw the ball 65-70 percent of the time with a healthy Joe Burrow, I think we're just going to have to continue to hold our breath every play.  Chances are is that Joe gets hurt again, but I think that's the risk they're willing to take.  With no real dedicated run game or a back that can really pass block, it does allow the defense the opportunity to pin it's ears back almost every play.

As the years go by, I think Burrow will change his mind about the offense as the injuries mount and it becomes more difficult for him to get away from pressure.  They'll continue to dump most of the money into QB, WR1 and WR2.  That won't leave much meat for anything else on offense as you've spent $100-110 million of the cap on just 3 positions assuming Chase gets 30 and Tee gets 20-25 or so?  

I'm not real excited about keeping the same offense the same.  It still works kind of, but the AFC North teams will continue to punish us because they know our tricks.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: For 2024: A New Identity on Offense? - 2MinutesHate - 01-01-2024, 01:23 PM