Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Super Bowl: Who Ya Got or Do you Care?
There is no one in the AFC that I can support, only teams that I don't care about or whom I absolutely want to crash and burn.  But, in the spirit of this thread I will stay positive here.

I have been a Bengals fan since the late '70s, but I have also been a Lions fan since the mid-80s.  Attending the Thanksgiving game was a family tradition for many years, and each season, in addition to the Bengals, I root for the Lions as well.  I frequent their boards and to listen to them this season you'd think it was us in 2021:  "For the love of God, just finally win a playoff game," or words to that effect. And, it's been doubly worse since, unlike us, they hadn't won the division in 30 years.  Overall, the Lions are both the kings of the jungle and futility having won exactly one playoff game since the 1958 season.  One.  

So, there's no ambiguity about who I'll be rooting for, even though I fear and perhaps know it will end in disappointment.   Still, come wildcard playoff weekend, if you're in the Dayton area and see a dude out and about in a vintage Sanders jersey and Lions varsity coat, well that will be me.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Super Bowl: Who Ya Got or Do you Care? - Awful Llama - 01-01-2024, 06:38 PM
RE: Super Bowl: Who Ya Got or Do you Care? - IcoHolic - 01-16-2024, 09:01 AM