Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
For 2024: A New Identity on Offense?
(01-01-2024, 11:12 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Yes, I know my postseason Monday morning quarterbacking is starting a week early but this up and down season is still fresh in my mind.  Right now, at least as I see it, the Cincinnati Bengals need to develop a more recognizable offensive identity in the offseason.  Right now it looks like Zac Taylor and Brian Callahan are trying the strategy of “throw jello at the wall and see what sticks” with respect to play calling and play design.  

A strategic decision must be made before free agency opens and the Draft is upon us.  Moving forward in 2024 and beyond is going to take some serious strategic planning.  The first question should revolve around the offense:  Do the Bengals go Air Raid, Smashmouth, or something else? Air Raid worked nicely against the NFC West (4-0) but fared badly against the rest of the AFC North (0-6 or 1-5).  

(I’m well aware the terms “Air Raid” and “Smashmouth” mean different things to different people.  If anyone has better terminology please feel free to share.)

Unpredictability is where it is at. I know Zac doesn't think we can run against the AFC North but right there is where you fail.

You have to run the ball well and stop the run in order to win in this Division plain and simple. Under Center QB play is paramount.

Burrow is a great QB in the Shotgun, but that should only be used in situations where the team you are playing against is bad against 
Shotgun and they simply cannot stop it. The problem is all the teams in this Division know what we are going to do before we even suit up. 
Sometimes it doesn't even matter if Joe Burrow is healthy along with the entire team but you are putting yourself in a terrible position of 
having to be perfect.

Make it easier on yourself FFS. Mellow

BTW, I love this team's effort under Zac, they pushed those Chefs to the edge and fought hard.

Was a valiant effort after Burrow going down. Good job Jake Browning and the entire team. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: For 2024: A New Identity on Offense? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 01-01-2024, 08:53 PM