Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Interesting numbers as to snap counts
(01-02-2024, 10:45 PM)jj22 Wrote: Samples arrow was pointed up too and he hit a wall this season. Are we giving up on him too? Sample had significant playoff snaps and play for back to back years were as ossai was injured his rookie year, and had only flashed in  last years playoffs.

I don’t think  Murphy was drafted to replace Ossai (they had higher goals for who he’d hopefully replace).

I’m not ready to give up on Sample or Ossai. Maybe they played bigger roles in those exotic sub packages we didn’t see much of with the young secondary. With a more experienced secondary, maybe we’ll see a return of Mad Scientist Lou and Ossai and Sample will benefit. Murphy run defense is probably what made him the more trustworthy backup.

Ossai had dominant games in college. Injuries have stunted his growth.

I have wondered in the past if the coaches hold grudges. In particular Lou and if maybe he was still holding the AFCCG over Ossai a bit and maybe that's some of the reason for his limited snaps. Not sure what Sample would have done to find himself down as I felt he played well last year as well. I also saw where Hubbard already knows he needs off-season surgery and thought it was odd we are still playing him so much as well as noticing his play level has seemed to dip recently which must be do to said injury. 

Maybe next year if the offense can finally start to click early we can find ourselves in positive game scripts and get other players involved. But whatever the case is we need a better rotation and probably need two new DTs or one if we can retain Reader.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Interesting numbers as to snap counts - NUGDUKWE - 01-02-2024, 10:57 PM