Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Glass half full...from a normally glass half empty guy... future outlook
(01-02-2024, 02:24 PM)740Bengal Wrote: For the Bengals to play the way they did with Jake Browning and the injuries we dealt with this season, this gives me great hope moving forward if we can keep 9 heathy and continue to build the offensive line.  Chase Brown is the back of the future and I also think Yoshi can step up with the probably imminent departure of Tyler Boyd... I think the Bengals tag Higgins and we put all of our chips on the table to make a run at a Lombardi next season in New Orleans(storybook). I think Lou's defense this season(not his fault) will allow us to possibly retain him as well, just need Zac to continue to improve(he has) as a playcaller and the Bengals will be right back in the mix next season! I also believe Burrow being out was a blessing in disguise possibly for him mentally, he could step back and see the offense with Browning, with the less audibles etc.

Im not surprised the Bengals had a down year, the division has studied the Bengals and put together teams to beat them.  
Burrow was never himself this year.
We reaped the effects of his giant contract when we lost Bell and Bates leading to  our big play numbers exploding.
We didn't attend to the running game in past drafts and have become one dimensional and predictable on offense.

These are fixable 2024 problems in FA and the draft.  Maybe some stale coaching is a problem as well, again fixable.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Glass half full...from a normally glass half empty guy... future outlook - bengals1969 - 01-03-2024, 12:44 PM