Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Trump Banned from MAINE's ballot
(01-02-2024, 10:23 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: Under the Supremacy Clause of our Constitution, if the SCOTUS rules Trump ENGAGED in an insurrection or gave comfort to the insurrectionist (8-Judges already have) then he'll be off the ballot in every single state for the national election.  If they punt it back to the states and say a political party can put anyone on their ballot they want, but a state can exclude a candidate from the national election ballot if they find under their election law he ENGAGED in an insurrection.

Also, remember this is a civil matter b/c Trump's liberty is not at risk so the level of liability only has to be a preponderance of the evidence that he ENGAGED in an insurrection. So, for folks saying he hasn't been convicted of insurrection, they are entirely wrong b/c the disqualification is a civil matter not a criminal matter. It's a matter of constitutional law. 
  • Just like Taylor Swift cannot run b/c she's not 35; 
  • Just like Elon Musk cannot run b/c he was born in South Africa, and;
  • Just like former President Obama cannot run b/c he's already served two terms.
*I think they're going to do the latter, and it'll be August until we have a clear picture of what the SCOTUS will do for the national election.

I know you think you are an expert and the Supreme Court will have no power, but my experience is the Supreme Court can over rule any federal or state court. In time, we will see who is correct?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump Banned from MAINE's ballot - Luvnit2 - 01-03-2024, 06:48 PM