Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Glass half full...from a normally glass half empty guy... future outlook
(01-03-2024, 04:16 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: You’re in the negative? I’ll attest to that. LOL ?
Let’s look at the offense vs KC vs their average with a backup.
KC Def 16.8 points given up at home. Cincy 17. KC First Downs 17.4 Cincy 20.
KC Defense third down conversions 4.8 Cincy 8
KC Def opponent TOP 29.18 Cincy 34.17
KC Def Opp first downs per play 0.288. Cincy 0.281
KC Total Defense 285.8 Cincy 263
KC Sacks 3.4 against Cincy 6.
We also didn’t have full strength Tee or Chase against KC.

Not signaling out you necessarily but my thoughts. Anybody is naive if you think these coaches on offense aren’t trying to win and make the playoffs and frankly stupid. They aren’t going to say let’s not use what’s been successful against the Colts, Vikings, SF, Buffalo, or Jags. They look at film and the entire offensive staff and analysts are going to formulate a game plan based on the opponents defense and our matchup advantage or disadvantages.

The RPO’s and Play action not very successful with a crap running game. Start there. It also takes more time. As far as blaming Joe or the coaches for the lack of under center full stop. It’s probably both. You know they are tailoring the offense to Joe. Blame them for being the Indians not the Chiefs. Blame Joe for not recognizing there’s some things he needs to rethink.

bengals1969: the division is better. Baltimore improved their weakness at WR and their OC and of course a healthy Lamar. I’m not saying teams don’t focus on the division but really it’s just improving their team period. Cleveland is a bad matchup with them so physically better in the trenches. If you want to say we need to be better in the trenches? Oh hell yes but it’s versus everybody. Their 11 wins isn’t just for us. Only 1 win versus us. The mantra the division has caught up with us? They are just improved. Pittsburg had a somewhat outlier game versus us but we’ve struggled in protection a lot of times against them not just this year.

The OL was protecting better when Joe went down. We’d made the playoffs how far would have simply rested on protection for Joe and the defense playing better. For next year the defense especially against the rush and big plays has to get better. The run game needs to improve for the viability of the whole offense.

Well I would assume the coaches are always trying to win. But when you appear to tweek the offense by giving Browning more half field reads and increase play action appear to schemes pass routes for single players and then not only does Browning respond well but the whole team does I just don't understand going back to counting on him to read the whole field again as Burrow would do. I get different teams different matchups but we struggled against the Steelers the 1st go round did we think the same plan would work with Browning having more experience? I mean we had the tape of Minnesota and he still appeared to be really struggling to read the safeties as he was against Pitt the 1st game so you could see he hadn't improved much at all. 
Then against KC yes we did score some and more the ball. But the offense>defense for the reason we lost the game and not all that great when the defense didn't play all that well. But when we don't score at all in the 2nd half and we start taking sacks and it appears no one is open you would tend to tip your hat to the defense. But then when you watch the breakdown and they say that we are running the same passing concepts that we did in the AFCCG that failed and we lost with Burrow. What do you think it is running those same concepts now with Browning? It's either you don't want to tip your hand or it's idiotic? I mean it's that simple you can't ask Browning to do something that wasn't working with Burrow and realistically expect it to succeed can you? Just to be clear I do not blame Burrow for any of our problems. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Glass half full...from a normally glass half empty guy... future outlook - NUGDUKWE - 01-03-2024, 06:54 PM