Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Glass half full...from a normally glass half empty guy... future outlook
(01-03-2024, 07:56 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Well I'm not gonna pretend to be a scholar of the game. As such I tend not to criticize play calling as many have said there are too many variables. I tend to keep my criticism to situational football which I think we need to get better. But I watch Goodberrys breakdowns and I really enjoy them. He is someone who tends to not criticize playcalling and is a fan of Taylor. But he pointed out that we were running the same concept against KC that we did in the AFCCG game. KC was just doubling Chase and Higgins if he was out there and playing man on everyone else. We had no answer to it. Probably why in the AFCCG we were making progress with Boyd but once he went out we really struggled. So as I said if the defense stops us you tip your hat but if you find out the defense is stopping you and your running the same plays that they stopped you with before it makes you wonder. Are we holding back? Are we really that uncreative to come up with a new gameplan? If it's because Browning is in then asking him to do what Burrow could not is extremely unrealistic. 

I listened to his YouTube. He was pretty critical of the OL & Browning. He liked the first half. We didn’t score the second half. That has to be on the players and coaches. He said that. He said we got out coached the second half duh! I’d encourage you to DM him on twitter he’s pretty positive about our offense. Yes he thinks Joe bails us out a lot but all the great ones do. Again Tony Romo was pretty positive too and it wasn’t filler for the game. The game plan was pretty simple for Jake vs the others. I’m sure they felt he could take on more. If they are doubling Chase and Tee it’s more of a personnel issue. We’ve obviously got to address that.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Glass half full...from a normally glass half empty guy... future outlook - Soonerpeace - 01-03-2024, 08:43 PM