Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Passing scheme is average at best.
(01-04-2024, 02:14 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I've been on the fence regarding Callahan for some time now but he always had the benefit of the doubt with me.

More recently though, im starting to change my tune towards him. Im (almost) to the point where I want to bring in a new OC, let them handle the offense entirely, and take the offensive portion off of ZT entirely.

I'm frustrated how we go away from things that work on a seemingly week to week basis. More under center, running concepts, screens, player utilization. We show that it works one week, then it completely dissapears the following week.

I also think this offense is stale from a concepts standpoint. They run too much of the same thing. It's partially why teams we play so often (AFC North, Chiefs) have a leg up on us. We have too many tendencies.

I cannot allow myself to be upset with Callahan and hope for a change at OC until Zac gives up play calling and the offense to Callahan. Zac is the offense mastermind, give Callahan a shot at running it and if he fails then can him, would be my approach.  Until then Callahan is simply a support piece.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Passing scheme is average at best. - casear2727 - 01-04-2024, 02:41 PM