Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Passing scheme is average at best.
(01-04-2024, 02:14 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I've been on the fence regarding Callahan for some time now but he always had the benefit of the doubt with me.

More recently though, im starting to change my tune towards him. Im (almost) to the point where I want to bring in a new OC, let them handle the offense entirely, and take the offensive portion off of ZT entirely.

I'm frustrated how we go away from things that work on a seemingly week to week basis. More under center, running concepts, screens, player utilization. We show that it works one week, then it completely dissapears the following week.

I also think this offense is stale from a concepts standpoint. They run too much of the same thing. It's partially why teams we play so often (AFC North, Chiefs) have a leg up on us. We have too many tendencies.

That is my biggest issue with Zac Taylor.

I find it a bit arrogant for a 30 nothing coach to walk into the league with very little experience and think that he's smart enough to run a NFL sideline during a game and be the offensive play caller and still be effective. Something has to give with that small amount of experience and a flowing offense is pushed aside because some 'kid' with the playbook gets far too pass happy with his favorite toy. His offense reads more like ''OOOOOH, I wanna try this play now.'', followed by, ''I like this play. Let's run this one.'' than it reads like an offensive plan that was worked on during the week for a specific opponent.

I also RARELY see open WRs from a scheme. Apparently, Zac's only idea of scheming someone open is a WR screen.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Passing scheme is average at best. - Forever Spinning Vinyl - 01-04-2024, 02:50 PM