Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Passing scheme is average at best.
(01-04-2024, 03:24 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: They were doing a lot of this with Burrow. They did a lot of motion, some under center (when he was healthy). 

It's really hard to tell with Browning because we don't know if they are running stuff dumbed down because of him. For example, they ran dagger concept on pretty much every 3rd and long against the Chiefs. It got to the point where the Chiefs were literally sitting on routes because they knew what was coming. 

Why did we continue to call dagger concept? Was it because our coaches suck? Is it because they know Browning is limited in what he can do? 

I used to think it was the latter, but Im just not so sure that our offensive playcalling and schemes don't entirely suck. 

Was it the Race Concept? The outside receiver running the dig and the underneath receiver running a pivot?

That's been Joe Burrow special since LSU. Between Chase, Boyd, Tee, and Hurst it was deadly in 2022.

Edit: Watching Joey B wrap that dig route when he shouldn't are some of his best highlights.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Passing scheme is average at best. - Synric - 01-04-2024, 04:08 PM