Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Trump Banned from MAINE's ballot
(01-04-2024, 08:21 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: This is the key to me. If your defense in all of this is focused on these loopholes rather than "Trump did not engage in an insurrection," well, you should just **** right off. What that tells me is that you don't care about the bedrock of our democracy and you can pound sand. I want nothing to do with you. Here is the problem, though. Trump can't deny his involvement meaningful way because he needs the support of those that carried out his bidding. It's so telling that the briefs going to SCOTUS about the Colorado case do not use "Trump was not an insurrectionist" as a primary defense.

Exactly, the MAGA movement is a parasite to our Constitutional Democracy.  I've had very high-level GOP operatives tell me, "Democracies throughout history always fail and have bloody endings and it's time that ours has run its course."  So to your opinion, MAGA doesn't care about the bedrock of our democracy, you're exactly right, they don't.

Notice Trump doesn't argue that whether or not he engaged in an insurrection as a primary defense, he argues he's essentially above the rules and laws of the Constitution.  The framers of our country were very careful not to allow a President to act as a King b/c that is what they ran away from.

I also find it very rich that Trump argues to ignore the Constitution or that he's exempt,  and "Let the voters decide" when that's why he staged a coup in the first place is b/c he was attempting to overturn the will of the voters who elected Joe Biden as the President.  Oh, the Irony!!
Don't mock kids who believe in Santa, while adults still believe in Fox News.  

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump Banned from MAINE's ballot - BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI - 01-04-2024, 05:02 PM