Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Passing scheme is average at best.
Without getting to all of the X's and O's of it; bottom line, injuries played a significant role this season. The team's starting QB is down for most of the season. You completely miss in FA at TE. I had higher hopes for Smith. I figured between pedigree and just pure talent he would relish the chance to be a dog, I was wrong. Two top WRs in and out of the line-up all season. Backup QB barely gets a chance to develop a rapoir. We were stumbling and falling uphill from game one.

Bright side! We were the 2nd best screen team in the league right behind KC. Of course, that's what happens when a team's WR situation is dicey., Aka, you got to have at least 2 really good WRs or defenses just double and roll the coverage. The bright side is that by having to adjust it forced the offensive minds to adjust. Thus, next year when we are fully healthy it should give defenses more to deal with.
If it's good enough for Andy and Pat, it's probably not a bad thing for the Bengals.

Reader came in out of shape and was just getting going just before his injury, The two freshly paid LBs decided to take the year off. The Safeties are kids, and the D's best cover corner was coming off an ACL, while CTB got injured as well...There were some good things there as well, but that's for a different thread.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Passing scheme is average at best. - coachmcneil71 - 01-04-2024, 07:53 PM