Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Ideas for a BOLD move that could set the Bengals up for Greater Success ?
If there is a big move we can make in the draft it is trading Tee for a top pick. I'd much rather draft a premier dline talent with that pick than a wideout.
An OT would be solid too.
With having Chase and Burrow, I would rather not waste high draft picks on skill players we won't be able to sign to a second contract.
There are a lot of good (and sometimes great) wide receivers and running backs in the mid rounds of most draft years.

If we are to make a big splash in free agency, I'm looking at the following top end players:

Chris Jones: dominant, would fill an immediate need with losing Reader, takes a great player from our rival. He'll turn 30 next year, but still would be a great pickup for the next few years to solidify our defense as a playoff caliber unit (assuming the secondary improves via development and FA/draft).

Madubuike: I was high on him in the draft process. I think I may have picked him in a mock draft for the Packers (or another team) on the board mock draft. He's a great, disruptive player and it would be nice to steal him from the Ravens. I don't see that happening though. I think he stays a Raven. If we were to grab him and then add another bigger DT to pair with him, that would solidify our dline.

Josh Allen: Can never have too many pass rushers. He's dominant. Put him opposite Tre on passing downs and we'd have an elite pass rush. Don't see this happening either as I don't think we can afford him and the Jags probably can as he's one of their top 3 players on the team (and the other two are on rookie deals).

Antoine Winfield (S): Great young safety to solidify the back end along with Dax and Battle. I like Dax and Battle though, and we'd have to overpay for Winfield so I don't see this as realistic.

Other FAs:
Edge Chase Young if he's healthy.
DT Leonard Williams.
DT Christian Wilkins.
Edge Danielle Hunter.
Not too sure about OT free agents this year. They're all pretty old other than Mike Onwenu from the Patriots, who I don't know much about.

Maybe the best strategy is to trade Tee for a top pick, draft an OT.
Sign a DT in FA because there seem to be a lot of them.
It would be nice to get a dominant DT in the draft on a rookie contract though.
Adding (1) dlineman would certainly improve our front. But adding two great dlineman would make it elite.

Top scenario for me is signing one of the DTs listed above, and trading Tee for a top pick and drafting a dominant DT or edge as well.
If our dline could go from good to elite this offseason, our defense could be great.

I think the oline could use a better LG and RT. But options here could be limited. And I see having an elite dline moving the needle more on wins/losses.
The biggest issue with the offense is balanced play calling. Our oline would be better with a more balanced approach.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Any Ideas for a BOLD move that could set the Bengals up for Greater Success ? - Bengalstripes9 - 01-05-2024, 06:27 PM