Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
PFF Grades heading into final week
(01-05-2024, 02:41 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Hendrickson is great at pass rushing but it comes at the cost of run support.  He is horrible against the run, often times pushing way too far up field in an attempt to get to the QB.  He is little help against a run to his side.

(01-05-2024, 03:25 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Reader leads the defense in PFF grade (not counting Ivey's 21 snaps) but he did get injured again...  When Reader is in there, he is a force.  Im not sure what you do with him this offseason.  He is getting older and has suffered two season ending injuries with the Bengals so he isnt helping if he cant play.   I like having him on the team but I think it comes down to what kind of money he wants.  I dont see us re-signing him for anywhere near what he is making this year.

Hubbard has had a bit of a down year.  He has never been a great pass rusher and this year looks to be worse at run support.  10 million a year is a too much for what he brings to the table.  We are stuck with him at least through next season and maybe 2025.

BJ Hill is above average but he is not great at anything.  Is he worth 10 million per year?  He is the #22 highest paid tackle graded #41 at his position.  Next year will be the final year of his contract so we have him one more year.

The backups are all JAGs  Not the worst but still bottom half guys.  We certainly could use better depth.

Agree on all of this, however Hubbard has apparently played many games injured, not that he has ever been a sack threat.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: PFF Grades heading into final week - casear2727 - 01-06-2024, 08:08 PM