Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chase talks about his contract...
(01-07-2024, 06:06 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: No doubt. And Higgins will want to be paid like a top 10 to 15 WR most likely.

Almost need to have Chase paired with WRs on rookie contracts to make this work.

I just hope they don't lose Tee for no compensation.

I think you can still fit in a single $10m/yr type veteran just to make sure it's not Chase and a bunch of nobodies in the WR room, but yeah there's going to need to be a lot of rookie contracts in there.

Tee's final hamstring really hurt us on the compensation front. If he had another big game in the final two weeks, I think trying to tag and trade him would be a no brainer.... now it's just a really tough decision..... 

-Say you tag him, will he sign it before the draft? You can't trade him until he signs the tag and if he doesn't sign it before the draft you're looking at 2025 draft picks rather than 2024 draft picks. 
-Say he does sign it before draft, you're probably not going to be able to trade him until after the free agency frenzy is over because teams will first try to sign a WR who won't cost them draft picks (Mike Evans and any of the expected tagged WRs who might not be tagged). That means you have to have $23m in cap space taken up that you can't sign free agents with yourself because if a trade somehow doesn't go through you're then going to be $20m+ over the cap.

...on the other hand, letting him walk in FA and getting a 2025 3rd round compensatory pick is just pitiful feeling. Honestly the play was to trade Tee last offseason when he would have been worth more, he couldn't stop the trade by refusing to sign the tag, and we could have been certain to get draft picks for that offseason's draft to help us now rather than in the future. Too late now, but really a missed window there.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Chase talks about his contract... - TheLeonardLeap - 01-07-2024, 06:20 PM