Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So, who do we root for again?
(01-07-2024, 10:33 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Well when Burrow went down I would assume most of us consoled ourselves by saying we have a top 10 pick incoming. Yes we can get a good player at 18 but after two years of watching a long list of targeted players go away before our pick it still sucks a little. The lower pick you are the higher chance at getting the player you covet. I guess we could plan a little easier in Free Agency knowing what will most likely be available. 18 isn't bad but I think it will require the team to be smarter in Free Agency and I'm just not overly optimistic about that. 

Targeted by who? I have followed the Bengals drafts on this board (and its predecessor) for years. Every single year posters are hoping and hoping for certain players to fall to them and then the Bengals pick someone else. 

I still remember hoping for Troy Vincent in 1992 when the Bengals had the 4th pick in the draft and they traded down to the 6th and Vincent was still available and I was ecstatic and then the Bengals picked David Klinger!  It seems almost every draft Bengals posters are targeting certain players and find they are available and the Bengals do in another direction.

And any rate, we wanted to Bengals to try and get into the playoffs, right? They were right on the doorstep. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
So, who do we root for again? - Tomkat - 01-06-2024, 09:37 PM
RE: So, who do we root for again? - Synric - 01-07-2024, 11:10 AM
RE: So, who do we root for again? - Synric - 01-07-2024, 11:26 AM
RE: So, who do we root for again? - Nepa - 01-07-2024, 10:51 PM