Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chase talks about his contract...
(01-06-2024, 08:35 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: Not only did burrow get paid more than Mahomes, so did Hurts and Herbert. It wasn’t because any of them are better, it’s because they signed deals years after Mahomes signed his. It’s like paying more for a house now than it cost 3 years ago

And that makes sense when comparing deals that were signed 4 years apart (2020 for Mahomes and 2023 for Burrow), but Chase's and Jefferson's deals will likely be just 1 year apart.
The cap increase isn't going to jump up so drastically to warrant Chase getting more than Jefferson.
The only reason Chase would get more than Jefferson is because the Bengals would be afraid to lose him and they expect someone else would give him a deal like that.

EDIT - Let me clarify what I mean when I said shouldn't. I realize teams will pay someone top dollar when that player hasn't actually been the top player, but that doesn't mean I have to agree with it.
Chase may very well get to be the highest paid WR in the league when he signs his next deal, but unless he leads the league in receiving once, I personally would have a hard time making him the highest-paid.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Chase talks about his contract... - ochocincos - 01-07-2024, 11:53 PM