Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Bengals Played a Really Tough Schedule
(01-08-2024, 02:17 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Going to play Debbie Downer here. I'm not happy with the way our season went. Yes, I get Burrow got hurt but we have to fix our defense. Such a huge letdown from prior years, I think Lou is solid, but this year he screwed the pooch and these guys were sloppy. We lost games we shouldn't have and most of that is on the defense and OL. I know all the talk is about Burrow Chase and Tee, but until the OL and Defense is fixed, we are going to continue to have bad seasons, bad injuries and aging players. I would really like this organization to get in the WIN NOW mindset.

What concerns me is that I don’t think they can/will have much change on the defensive side of the ball. DT can see some turnover but the ends are pretty set.
Hendrickson is gold, Hubbard will be back and as a first round pick, Murphy needs more playing time.
The LBs just re-signed but took a huge step back this season. Still I can’t see either of them not starting next year.
The DBs are Hilton and a bunch of young, high draft picks (assuming Chido is gone). They have to play them and see what they can do with some more experience.

They may add a guy or 2 to the DT and DB rooms but other than that this same group is going to have to figure it out. They are going to have to coach them up and hope Murphy and the young DBs get better with experience. They also need to find out what happened to Wilson and Pratt this year.

Hopefully they will be much better in 2024 because I don’t see any big impact players coming in to help the Defense. Even a first round D tackle would probably take a year to have any significant impact. Lou’s gonna have to earn his pay next season.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Bengals Played a Really Tough Schedule - Clark W Griswold - 01-08-2024, 02:28 PM