Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jake says he's proven he's a starter and top 32 in the world at his position
Every team needs a solid backup quarterback and I don't think that Burrow is injury prone, but he has been injured a lot so far because of our bad lines and bad luck.

It's a strong quarterback class at the top but weak after, so I don't see any team really offering enough to make it worth it to us to trade him.

If a QB-needy team at the top sees a prospect they'd rather have than a quarterback, I can see them maybe offering something worthwhile to get him as a stop-gap until they can maybe draft a guy next year of the year after if Browning doesn't pan out.

If that happens, maybe trade him for a draft pick (or if someone is stupid enough to offer us a good lineman) and/or add language like "if he starts so many games, our draft pick moves from a fourth or fifth rounder to a third," or so the same thing but with stats, or combine the two.

I also like Jake's confidence, but he also has to look at it from a professional standpoint and think "if I do go somewhere else and fail, will I be able to find as good of a job as a backup as I had with the Bengals?"

Life's short in the NFL so they need security.

I love his confidence and I don't blame him for making this statement, but it's a hard no for me unless we get a very good deal.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jake says he's proven he's a starter and top 32 in the world at his position - BFritz21 - 01-08-2024, 02:58 PM