Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
I'm just tired of Bengals football, man
(01-08-2024, 03:38 PM)Wyche Wrote: Agree, it's a tough tightrope to walk. I've said this a couple of times on here, but no one acknowledges it....aside from Cincinnati, when's the last time an AFCN team advanced beyond the divisional round? Baltimore in 2012? This division seems to get outpaced in the playoffs in recent years, aside from the Bengals. In my opinion, it's an outdated way of playing in today's league. The Ravens might be able to get all the way this year, they're pretty damn good. We'll soon see.

Absolutely right.

They regularly bang on about Harbaugh's playoff record on the road, and Tomlin's successes in terms of winning seasons...

Obviously they are good coaches, and it's a tough league to make the Super Bowl in, but...

Harbaugh is 11-9 in the playoffs, but this includes a 2-5 run since 2012. May change this year, but we'll see.

Tomlin is 8-9 in the playoffs and 5-8 since 2008.

A combined 31 seasons as head coaches (before this season), and they're 1-2 in the Super Bowl. Both franchises have generally been decent teams through both Harbaugh and Tomlin's careers... so these records aren't for lack of opportunity.

Again, I know playoff success is hard, but neither coach has done much in the playoffs for over a decade now. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I'm just tired of Bengals football, man - TheCincinnatiKid - 01-08-2024, 04:04 PM