Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
I'm just tired of Bengals football, man
(01-07-2024, 06:24 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I'm with you.  Not really any fun this season.  And now watching at least 5 teams I very much dislike getting into the playoffs.  3 of our division rivals getting in.  Just a really super sucky and unfun year of football.

I love Burrow, but i'll believe it when i see it as far as him making it through the offseason and into the regular season with no injuries/issues.  Then we refuse to play anyone in preseason and come out looking like dog crap while other teams are rolling.

Then the stat I just learned about with QB's/coaches and SB's in the first 5 years.  So unless we break an almost 60 year old streak we won't win a SB with Burrow/Taylor if we don't do it this next season.

Then our o-line.  Look how much pressure Clevelands backups were getting.  Joe going to get killed next year.

And our secondary.  And defense overall just sucks.

We had our chance.  Should have had 2 SB wins.  Our oline effed it up big time.

Like I have had to say for the last 35 years, maybe next year.  Effing eff.

There is one sliver of hope though. The Bills McDermott/Allen are in year 6, so they should not, due to precedent, win it this year even though a lot of people keep saying 'team of destiny' etc, etc. If they're able to pull it off, then the 5 yr window goes out...the window. If Buffalo proceeds to screw it up again, as history says they will, then 5 yr window is still on for next year for the Bengals.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I'm just tired of Bengals football, man - rfaulk34 - 01-08-2024, 04:49 PM