Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MM's Early Mock
(01-08-2024, 06:50 PM)Whatever Wrote: And if he shows better than expected in drills, his stock will move up.  That can be argued about any player in the draft process.  As of current Big Boards, it isn't realistic.  Besides, didn't you tell me as many as 10 OT's may go in the 1st, or am I thinking of someone else?

Going beyond draft rankings, it's in no way realistic.  Three OT's when we have our starting LT under contract for 3 more years?  Best case scenario is one is a 4 year starter and another starts for only one before both your bookends are UFA's at the same time.  Double dipping at 3 tech when you've got a solid starter under contract and a 3rd round pick on his rookie deal?  So best case scenario, you cut a 3rd round pick and have another 3rd round pick sitting inactive all year because no 4-3 team dresses three 3 techs.  It isn't just the slots guys are drafted that make it unrealistic.  

I probabaly did if you count Barton and Fautanu you get really close to 10 guys that have at least that 1st/2nd round grade.

As for Tyler Guyton I'm just pointing out that massive downside of drafting him which is that he is all projection because his tape doesn't backup a top 50 grade. His elite athleticism at a position the NFL is starving for athletes drives up his stock. I would bet Guyton is going to need a redshirt year. Mims on the other hand is like Broderick Jones raw but you would probabaly feel more comfortable with him starting week 1... although there some issues with Mims but alot of them can just be tied to him getting more comfortable.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
MM's Early Mock - Mike M (the other one) - 01-08-2024, 03:16 PM
RE: MM's Early Mock - Whatever - 01-08-2024, 04:26 PM
RE: MM's Early Mock - Synric - 01-08-2024, 05:02 PM
RE: MM's Early Mock - Whatever - 01-08-2024, 06:01 PM
RE: MM's Early Mock - Synric - 01-08-2024, 06:11 PM
RE: MM's Early Mock - Whatever - 01-08-2024, 06:50 PM
RE: MM's Early Mock - Synric - 01-08-2024, 08:49 PM
RE: MM's Early Mock - Whatever - 01-09-2024, 01:46 PM