Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 Bengals Roster Thread: Offseason Edition
(01-09-2024, 04:09 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Agree in the main, though I think Reader will be a multiple year deal with incentives. IDK on Chido. 

Agree 100% on Tee & DJ coming back and DT (3T) being the #1 FA priority for a new face. And, accordingly, OT being the focus in Rd1. 

Disagree on RB or TE being a priority in Rd2. I think WR (Boyd replacement), NT (even with Reader back), and CB/S all rate as higher priorities. Though I would not rule TE/RB out in Rd3, I think Rd2 is too high. Not a particularly strong draft for either. I could handle Stover or Braelin Allen in Rd3, though.

I expect Mixon & Brown to be RB1/RB2 next year. I also expect D. Sample & Hudson back at TE. Probably T. Williams as well. Wilcox likely  though not sure he makes the roster if we only carry 3. 

Dream Scenario: 
1. FA: Get Higgins signed for around $20 mil per 
2. FA: Sign Reader for reasonable. 
3. FA: Land DT big fish (Jones, Wilkins, Madubuike). 
4. FA: Keep at least 1 of Chido/Boyd 
5. Draft: Rd1: RT (Mims, Fuaga) 
6. Draft Rd 2: NT (Sweat), or WR if Boyd gone (Legette, Polk), or CB if Chido (Burke, Tampa), or S (Nubin). 

If we whiff on a DT in FA, then maybe we make a run at Winfield or a corner or Schultz (though I doubt it). And maybe a DT is in play in Rd2 (Murphy). 

Only a guy like Bowers, Newton, or DeJean might make me get off OT at #18. 

I was reading your other post and saw we were pretty close then I saw you responded to me. We are on the same page mostly.Lou will make the call I’d expect on Chido. Zac likes him a lot. I’d imagine on Boyd, Chido, and DJ they get solid 1 or maybe 2 year offers at reasonable amounts. It will probably be up to them but I’d expect the door from the Bengals still open if they can’t find a better deal. I’d expect it will be tough decisions for them. In both Boyd & Chico’s case we’ve got a young player with experience if either falters the next few years. They could be backups.

I think like I said they go for a DT in FA. Draft a RT in 1. We disagree on round 2 of the draft. I’ve heard they’ve finally convinced themselves they need a dynamic TE. They are tired of 1 year rentals. But Brown is not big enough to pass pro and Joe Mixon needs to be the third down and power back. If he’s gonna stick he has to be better in pass pro. Brown is no power back. So I expect BPA that’s a TE or RB at 2.

There’s nothing wrong with the roster. It’s got holes but so does everybody. They are fixable but if we are going to win the SB next year we need Charlie Jones, Iosivas, Chase Brown, Myles Murphy, Jordan Battle & the top rookies to deliver like young players for Baltimore and KC and Detroit have
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024 Bengals Roster Thread: Offseason Edition - Soonerpeace - 01-09-2024, 04:51 PM