Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So how do we think they should approach the offseason?
(01-09-2024, 02:37 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Higgins may WANT to come back but his agent is notoriously difficult to deal with. If I'm the Bengals FO, I am not paying top dollar for a guy who misses multiple games every year. No offense to Tee, he can't control getting concussed or his problematic hamstrings from acting up when we need him most. But I'm not paying top dollar for that. I'm not...hamstringing...my roster with that contract. Not with a Chase extension on the near horizon. Not with a decent FA class to choose from. Not with a decent WR draft coming up. Not when this offense needs to retool at several key spots like RT, and TE1.

I know we have a lot of cap space.  It's not how much you spend. It's HOW you spend it.

Just, no. We already have issues at RT, TE, WR3, NT, CB, S, and P. And that is just starters. And you want to create another opening? 

1st off, the big 4 WRs are likely gone by the time we pick (Harrison, Nabers, Odunze, Coleman). The first 3, certainly. There is a big drop after that. And there is no guarantee the guy you pick will hit. Look at KC with replacing Hill. 

Anyway, then when do you take a tackle? The plug & play guys are gone outside Rd1, most likely. Gonna overpay in FA for OT? Or pay mediocre Jonah? That makes no sense to me. Higgins was healthy for both PO runs. 

The only question with Tee is tag or if we get a deal done. If we end up tagging him and someone throws 2 1st rounders at us, I may have a re-think. But letting him walk is nuts. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: So how do we think they should approach the offseason? - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 01-09-2024, 04:58 PM