Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 Bengals Roster Thread: Offseason Edition
(01-09-2024, 04:51 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I was reading your other post and saw we were pretty close then I saw you responded to me. We are on the same page mostly.Lou will make the call I’d expect on Chido. Zac likes him a lot. I’d imagine on Boyd, Chido, and DJ they get solid 1 or maybe 2 year offers at reasonable amounts. It will probably be up to them but I’d expect the door from the Bengals still open if they can’t find a better deal. I’d expect it will be tough decisions for them. In both Boyd & Chico’s case we’ve got a young player with experience if either falters the next few years. They could be backups.

I think like I said they go for a DT in FA. Draft a RT in 1. We disagree on round 2 of the draft. I’ve heard they’ve finally convinced themselves they need a dynamic TE. They are tired of 1 year rentals. But Brown is not big enough to pass pro and Joe Mixon needs to be the third down and power back. If he’s gonna stick he has to be better in pass pro. Brown is no power back. So I expect BPA that’s a TE or RB at 2.

There’s nothing wrong with the roster. It’s got holes but so does everybody. They are fixable but if we are going to win the SB next year we need Charlie Jones, Iosivas, Chase Brown, Myles Murphy, Jordan Battle & the top rookies to deliver like young players for Baltimore and KC and Detroit have

I do not buy for a second that Charlie Jones or Iosivas will start for Boyd next year. 

If we re-sign Tee, Reader, Chido AND land a big time DT in FA, that is basically all the cap space.  They are not really any dynamic TEs in this draft outside of Bowers & Sanders. 

Plugging the holes at WR (2 guys), DT/NT (likely 2-3 guys), RT, and getting better secondary play are my priorities. Those are more premium positions. 

There are not any dynamic TEs in this draft beyond Bowers & Sanders. Bowers will be gone and Sanders in Rd2 is iffy. If he is even there. I think Stover/Lachey/Johnson in Rd3-4 or even 5 is more likely. I'd certainly make a run at Dalton Schultz if we whiff on DTs. I'd rather pay him than Boyd or Chido at this point. 

RB just isn't a need. Mixon is fine for now. Brown showed flashes and is fine at RB2. T. Williams was fine at RB3 and is cheap. Evans is signed. RB3/RB4 could use an upgrade, sure. And Mixon is coming to the end of the line. I'd like a bigger guy: Allen or the kid from ND. 

But WR3, RT, fixing the run D, and landing a cheaper/dependable secondary guy (CB or S) are all above TE for me. I can live with Hudson & Sample if I have too.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024 Bengals Roster Thread: Offseason Edition - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 01-09-2024, 05:13 PM