Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So how do we think they should approach the offseason?
(01-09-2024, 04:58 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Just, no. We already have issues at RT, TE, WR3, NT, CB, S, and P. And that is just starters. And you want to create another opening? 

1st off, the big 4 WRs are likely gone by the time we pick (Harrison, Nabers, Odunze, Coleman). The first 3, certainly. There is a big drop after that. And there is no guarantee the guy you pick will hit. Look at KC with replacing Hill. 

Anyway, then when do you take a tackle? The plug & play guys are gone outside Rd1, most likely. Gonna overpay in FA for OT? Or pay mediocre Jonah? That makes no sense to me. Higgins was healthy for both PO runs. 

The only question with Tee is tag or if we get a deal done. If we end up tagging him and someone throws 2 1st rounders at us, I may have a re-think. But letting him walk is nuts. 
So just because we have some holes to fill at other positions, we NEED to sign or tag an often injured WR to a $20+ million per year contract? That's the same mentality some people have with Jonah as well. That's $20+ million that could be spent on a FA WR and another depth player at a position of need. I'm not saying let him walk and don't replace his production. There will be other WR free agents not named Tee available to sign, and other rounds than the first to draft them in if they go the draft route. We're pretty good at finding those. I would argue that money would be better spent on IDL so the defense isn't a leaking sieve, like it was this year, next year.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: So how do we think they should approach the offseason? - The D.O.Z. - 01-09-2024, 07:13 PM