Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Panthers & Chargers request Callahan Interview
(01-10-2024, 07:56 AM)No-huddle Joe Wrote: While logic says this should be 100% true, it's really all about the money in the end though.  Think of how many players leave good teams, to go to really bad ones, just because they hit the lottery with a huge contract.  Imagine Carolina offers Tee a huge contract....logically you would think that he would rather be on a good team with Burrow, Chase, etc. but I would bet he would fly in a second, just for the $$$ and I don't blame him.  Coaches are the same.  Poor owner, not a great QB, etc. but a huge payday is what it's all about.

Lou probabaly won't get interview requests this year and will be back for his 5th season as the DC. We can discuss holding out for better opportunities but they aren't opportunities that come up every season so you have to strike while the iron is hot. 

Brian Callahan is the first interview for these teams because he's not in the playoffs. He will be competing against guys like Lions Ben Johnson and Ravens Mike McDonald/Todd Monken so there is a strong possibility Callahan is back in Cincy for 2024. I wouldn't say staying a coordinator in Cincy is earning HC opportunities even when they are winning. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Panthers & Chargers request Callahan Interview - Synric - 01-10-2024, 08:13 AM