Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 Bengals Roster Thread: Offseason Edition
(01-10-2024, 03:24 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Jones got 44 offensive snaps this year, the lion's share vs Cleveland's backups. 

I don't necessarily disagree with you, but that seems awful risky for a SB contender. He is WAY unproven. 

I think we want to get more explosive at WR, and Jones does not necessarily bring that. He is speedy, but not explosive. If we were do go with Charlie in the slot to replace Boyd, I think we'd need a serious TE upgrade to compensate (Schultz, Sanders). 

I also would not discount the idea of moving Chase inside and getting another wide WR. It does not have to be another slot guy (Roman Wilson, Corley, MacMillan) to replace Boyd. If Polk or Legette is there Rd2, that is awful tempting. 

Because the Bengals really don't like to pay much for TE's, which probably eliminates guys like Schultz, Fant and Henry as realistic possibilities...one guy I think could be of interest is Colby Parkinson from Seattle. He's a very capable run and pass blocker, and I think he could become more of a receiving option given the opportunity. He's only 25, good size at 6'7-251 and should be pretty affordable. He just feels like a guy they would go after.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024 Bengals Roster Thread: Offseason Edition - Bengalholic - 01-10-2024, 03:35 PM