Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jake says he's proven he's a starter and top 32 in the world at his position
(01-07-2024, 09:55 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: But he "just happens to be on a team with a top 5 in the world, and doesn't know what that means for the future."

He mentions this in today's postgame:

I think it's good our backup thinks that and he's simultaneously right about probably being a starter elsewhere, but what are we going to do with this guy in a couple years when he's not an ERFA and we need a good backup behind Burrow?

Browning could definitely come in and win a playoff game if needed. I like to think backups are a huge part of winning super bowls because most teams are injured by the time they make it.

I love that he has so much confidence in himself. I think he could be better than some current starters in the league which is awesome to 
have in our backup QB. I love how he checks and reads and learns, love how he can throw off his back foot with different arm angles, Jake
can be really accurate. But he still throws those head scratching interceptions, so until this is out of his game he is a backup, just the way it 
is and I hope we don't have to see him again except when we are up big and Burrow is getting a rest after throwing 4 or 5 TD's.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jake says he's proven he's a starter and top 32 in the world at his position - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 01-10-2024, 03:53 PM