Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So how do we think they should approach the offseason?
(01-08-2024, 12:19 AM)Joelist Wrote: Despite the disappointing end to the season, the team has the resources (in terms of cap money and picks) to do a lot of needed things.

BUT

It is important to get the priorities straight because some of the needs are going to be expensive and they probably don't have the resources to do everything.

So my order of importance right now is:

1) Fix the interior DL room. This is going to be costly because we probably need a major Free Agent here AND a high pick. This is whether we resign Reader and he fully recovers or not. Trey can't be the only source of pressure up front and ideally you want the other source to be on the inside. Fix this and you see an immediate uptick on the defense.

2) Get a savvy veteran Free Safety.

3) Resign Tanner Hudson so that there is flexibility in the draft, especially as they NEED a blue chip DT and this is not a deep TE draft.

4) If both Tee and Boyd leave a veteran good possession WR is a need also.

Obviously the Tee situation has to be resolved early. The problem is his agent is notoriously hard to work with (not just with us either) and will want terms the team cannot perform if they are keeping Chase. So this may be a tag and trade (especially as draft capital is needed).

I was just thinking about player moves and not the higher level things like potential evolving of the scheme on both sides of the ball to fit the player skillsets better.

Nice thread Joelist. Agree with most everything you say here no surprise. I would tag Tee and trade him for a game changer on Defense
like a Josh Allen End from the Jags to pair with Trey. I would add Madubuike the 3-tech from the Ravens so our pass rush goes up another
notch and bring back Reader as he should be cheaper now with the injury and the fact we don't know if he will even play again. I would 
add a NT early in the Draft and a WR like either Rome Odunze or Malachi Corley.

We are pretty good at Drafting WR's and there are lots of good ones. Also in FA I would add Eluemunor as our RT who I think would be an
upgrade over Jonah. Lots of ways to improve this team and we have the dough and all the options available. Oh, and move on from Frank 
Pollack as well and add an OL coach that can develop the youth and help the vets get better.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: So how do we think they should approach the offseason? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 01-11-2024, 03:21 PM