Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am absolutely HYPED over Andre Iosivas
(01-11-2024, 11:04 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Irwin was our #3/#4 and he had a solid year. Irwin has progressed every year he's been with us and has improved his game in every facet, not to mention that he can fill in at multiple spots and isn't pigeon-holed as a slot/outside/etc.

Not sure the comparison is apt at all.

Furthermore, Iosivas is a rookie and is not the same as all of those guys:

- He was not a PS hero and disappeared in the Regular Season
- He's a better athlete than any of those listed
- He's seemingly more intelligent than any of those listed

He's a better player than any of those listed, on-paper: he just needs to progress and put results on the board.

I think the difference here is that you get hyped over guys that may produce 300 to 500 yards and be a role player while I do not.

I'm not saying that's a bad thing. Some people are really into thinking about smaller role players and their stories.

I get hyped for more traditional reasons. Like if Yoshi went from being an afterthought to a guy with 1000 yard potential. Or if he showed some game changing ability.

He hasn't, so I don't get hyped for him. If you do, because you think he has Irwin type of potential, awesome.

Irwin had what? 316 yards this year? That doesn't excite me, personally, although I'm happy he has turned into decent depth. We have struggled with that sometimes.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I am absolutely HYPED over Andre Iosivas - Shake n Blake - 01-11-2024, 04:47 PM