Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Ideas for a BOLD move that could set the Bengals up for Greater Success ?
(01-12-2024, 02:01 AM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Hendrickson is here 2 more years.  When they extended him before the season he still had 2023 and 2024 on his contract.  They added an additional year 2025 with the extension.  He will be here the next 2 seasons.

Pierce was extended for another two years and it wont be that big a cap hit, 4.2 million in 2024 and 2.8 million in 2025 so he is taken care of.   While I would love to have Madubuike, the Ravens are not going to let a young upcoming DT like that get away.  They will find a way to keep him.

The problem with tagging Tee is that Tee would need to sign the franchise tag 1st.  You cant trade him until he is actually under contract.  He could wait until the beginning of the 2024 before he signs so a trade at that point is not as likely.  The Bengals really messed up bad by not trading Tee last spring when there was a bunch of interest and they could have got some nice draft picks.  Duke and the rest of the front office screwed that one up.

This not a problem Tee Higgins will sign the tag. He had a down year with injures which means he needs to play to earn that 20+ mil multi-year contract. Second reason and much simpler thr Franchise tag is a full guaranteed 20.7m for 2024 which will be over double what he made on his entire 4 year rookie comtract. 

We hear about holdouts every year but the majority of them just holdout because they don't wanna do off-season mandatory workouts.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Any Ideas for a BOLD move that could set the Bengals up for Greater Success ? - Synric - 01-12-2024, 03:04 AM