Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Offensive Line 2024- Does It Need Fixing?
(01-12-2024, 04:16 PM)Whatever Wrote: Because the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

Joe took us to the SB with a trash OL.  In the two years since, we've focused on upgrading the OL and watched the RB's, TE's, and WR's get worse.  We've watched the team get worse right along with those positions.  We've regressed. There has been absolutely zero correlation between OL upgrades and the team winning more football games.  Fantasy land where Joe Burrow can just stand back there untouched for 4 seconds every down and make the latest 7th round scrub/Golden Binns winner look like Jerry Rice doesn't exist.  

Three out of our 5 starting OL are at least solid.  Volson sucks.  Williams sucks and is an UFA.  Do we need to replace Jonah?  Yes.  Should we replace him with a better player or a draft pick with the potential to be better? Yes.  Should we sell out to make wholesale OL changes again to the detriment of other positions?  No.

I think the O line has literally just become a talking point. They are blamed for just about every shortfall this team has. They've gone about as all our as possible to upgrade it. I don't know what else to do other than suck so bad as a franchise that they can land the next Sewell... Whoever that is.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Offensive Line 2024- Does It Need Fixing? - jason - 01-12-2024, 04:36 PM