Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Offensive Line 2024- Does It Need Fixing?
(01-12-2024, 04:56 PM)Whatever Wrote: If your 5+ years on various Practice Squads, league minimum making, never played a snap before this year backup QB can come in and post a 98.4 passer rating and have a winning record behind your offensive line, then your #1 overall pick, elite, highest paid QB in the league should have no difficulty operating behind that same offensive line.

This ^

I've said it before and I'll say it again.  There is nothing wrong with the personnel on the OL, it's more in how they are being used/coached that is causing them to fall short.  Part of it is a lack of practice and preseason reps heading into the season, part of it is the fact that Burrow was hobbled and only able to play in a stationary shotgun position for the first month, part of it is the offensive tendency to be pass first, resulting in 'desperate' looking attempts to catch a defense off guard by handing off out of shotgun.

I find it no surprise that the team did well when they varied from the norm in the San Francisco game, and went back to a similar style after the first Steelers game.  This OL is much more effective when operating with a QB under Center more often than back in shotgun.

Great coaches adjust their game plan to the players that they have at their disposal, rather than continuing to make futile attempts at pounding square pegs into round holes.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Offensive Line 2024- Does It Need Fixing? - SunsetBengal - 01-12-2024, 07:42 PM