Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Offensive Line 2024- Does It Need Fixing?
(01-13-2024, 05:05 PM)pally Wrote: The IOL players are smart and savvy but especially with Cappa and Karras (and I hate to say this), they aren't the most athletic guys on the team.  In the AFCN, they go against 3 of the toughest defenses and the 2 best defensive players in the NFL  They simply aren't strong enough or more importantly quick enough to consistently stand up to the competition.  JoeyB covers up a multitude of sins,  

They need to go after a different type of lineman than they have in the past in order to see great improvement in line play.  They need bigger and stronger not just smart player.  It is a rebuild that won't happen in one year

That chart that was circling the internet during the season about the RAS of team's OL was truly shocking. I didn't have any idea it was that big of a gap.

EDIT: Found the chart.

[Image: F-J8-Rxjas-AA2-Pi-N.jpg]

(This was like Week 12 or something I think, so the PFF Grades might be different but the athleticism still applies.)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Offensive Line 2024- Does It Need Fixing? - TheLeonardLeap - 01-13-2024, 05:18 PM