Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
According to the Bengals social media Myles Murphy generated the 2nd best pressure
(01-13-2024, 05:10 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I'm hoping he takes a big step forward next year. I was hoping for better than a 5-way tie for 14th among rookies in sacks from a 1st round pick.

Murphy played 28% of the defensive snaps and had 3.0 sacks and 3 QB Hits.
Ossai last year played 32% of the defensive snaps and had 3.5 sacks and 10 QB Hits.

That 2nd best pressure rate has to be among DEs as this year the best rookie pass rushers were largely DTs and OLBs....
DT Kobi Turner: 9.0 Sacks, 16 QB Hits
OLB Byron Young: 8.0 Sacks, 19 QB Hits
OLB Yaya Diaby: 7.5 Sacks, 8 QB Hits
DE Will Anderson: 7.0 Sacks, 22 QB Hits
DT Jalen Carter: 6.0 Sacks, 9 QB Hits

You are harping on totals, not rates. A guy who doesn'tcplay as much won't accumulate as many counting stats, savvy? 

Murphy was raw coming out of college. He was never gonna start ahead if Hendrickson (2nd in league in sacks) and Hubbard. Hubbard had a down year, but I think an injury was part of it (he is having off-season surgery, I think). Ossai got hurt early and found himselglf behind Murphy & Sample when he got back. 

For this year,,I think you can put DE as one of the positions we do the least at. Right up there with QB, PK, IOL, and LB. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: According to the Bengals social media Myles Murphy generated the 2nd best pressure - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 01-13-2024, 05:28 PM