Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 Reds starting rotation ??
(01-13-2024, 10:26 PM)samhain Wrote: Greene's contract isn't anything crazy.  It's just more than what a rookie deal would be.  Very reasonable is he continues to progress.

My guess is the rotation looks something like this:

Greene

Abbott

Montas

Ashcraft

Lodolo

Plenty of moving parts here, mainly Montas and Lodolo and their health.  In a perfect world, this is the starting 5.  Frankly, I view Greene and Abbott as interchangeable.  Hunter could create distance if he shows the brilliance we've seen if flashes consistently.  Abbott may not have the ceiling, but I think his game is less dependent on physical dominance.  He just needs to be monitored for overuse.  I think they used him a lot more than they would have liked last year, mainly because injuries gave them little choice.

I don't disagree about Greene's contract, however. I feel they were/are viewing Greene as the ACE. And to a degree I feel this is kinda a crossroads season for him. I strongly feel he needs to develop a 3rd pitch he can throw for strikes, an offspeed pitch. He gets hit way to hard at times, lots of HR's allowed.

We need him to win more than 4 or 5 games this season and pitch more than 115 innings.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024 Reds starting rotation ?? - CJD - 01-13-2024, 10:05 PM
RE: 2024 Reds starting rotation ?? - bengalfan74 - 01-13-2024, 11:10 PM