Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Packers OC showed the value of scheme on offense
(01-15-2024, 04:01 PM)Joelist Wrote: No we don't. It is EASY to tell when we run and when we pass - the position of the back literally gives it away as do the personnel packages. This has been called out by analysts and such for a while now. 

None of what you're posting is true. You're for some reason thinking of the first four games of 2022 and acting as if it is still the case. In 2023, NFL offenses ran from shotgun on 29.86% of snaps. Cincinnati ran from shotgun on 29.51% of snaps. NFL offenses ran from under center on 71.83% of snaps. Cincinnati did so on 70.86% of snaps. So at least from a shotgun/under center perspective, yeah, they are definitely marrying the two about as well as the rest of the league. 

The position of the back was an issue from early 2022. It hasn't been mentioned since as far as I am aware.

I highly doubt there is too much of a personnel tell outside of very specific situations but if you've got some evidence of it I'd be interested in seeing it. But yeah, I concur with Truck. If it was soooo easy to tell what we are about to do, this team would have had several more issues. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Packers OC showed the value of scheme on offense - KillerGoose - 01-15-2024, 04:53 PM