Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are you looking forward to the Most this Football Season?
(06-10-2015, 04:05 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Yeah, the coaching staff gets stale when all you do is replace both the offensive and defensive coordinators.

And I am tired of all the same old contributors like Jeremy Hill, Giovani Bernard, Tyler Eifert, and Marvin Jones.  We shouldn't keep the same guys around that long.

And who can root for a team that doesn't change its uniform every two or three years.

Same coordinators as last year, no?  Not to mention, both spent numerous years with the team prior to their promotion.  My point is that the staff, as whole, is pretty much the same.  And no coach is more important than the head coach, he is the face of the team and certainly the staff.  That has remained the same for 13 seasons.

I said "new" contributors did I not?  Last I checked Gio is going into his 3rd season, so is Eifert.  Hill is going into his 2nd.  Jones is now entering his 4th season.  Sure, they're newer players.  And I am excited to see how they develop.  But I did mean "new" as in "now that we have (insert FA here) this team is going to be totally different."

I don't want new uniforms every two years.  I'm not even demanding new ones now.  And last I checked ours have remained the same far longer than that, so I'm not sure why you chose that amount of time.

My point was that the product as a whole, for me, has become stale.  On their own, I cannot and would not, identify any of these things listed above as an automatic reason to feel this way.  But when you add them all up, collectively, I think having the same coaching staff, with the same basic approach, with the same core group of players, with the same uniforms, etc, etc, etc. that makes for a boring product.  Unless of course you're succeeding with this approach.  Sure, if you're the Patriots keep Belichick around.  Winning rings isn't boring.  Marvin Lewis though?  Kind of stale by now.

If you want to disagree that's fine.  But don't act like I'm completely unreasonable in voicing an opinion that I'm sure many share.  It's hard for some of us to get terribly excited by the business as usual approach we continue to see.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What are you looking forward to the Most this Football Season? - Wes Mantooth - 06-10-2015, 09:43 PM