Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Nikki Haley-What was the cause of the Civil War
(01-15-2024, 02:45 PM)GMDino Wrote: Why do you care?  Lots of people agree on lots of things on this board.  Some more than others.  On both sides of the aisle.

I don't "care".  Why do you "care" that I point it out?

Quote:You just have a personal woody for me and Dill.  I get it.  Move on.

Ewww.

Quote:No, it was joke.  I made no reference to you saying it or believing it.  Not everything is a an "attempt to ascribe" anything to anyone.

But it gave you an opportunity to insult me again, so Kudos?

Asking you what WW2 was about is an insult?  The thin skin on you and your ilk.

Quote:There were a myriad of reasons for our entering WWII.  Pearly Harbor was the catalyst but the US was very much involved before that without actually sending our boys and men.

You're just mentioning US involvement.  I get why in the context of the Haley cartoon, but we were a rather late entrant into the war.

Quote:Fighting the spread of fascism, defending allies (and our territories).  But hey, you had another chance to insult me so more kudos. 

Again, still wondering where the insult is in asking you what WW2 was about.  Another surreptitious attempt to play victim and get the mods involved?  I can't believe that, though, it's so not like you.

Quote:Dill is well educated and willing to provide in-depth response with references that I don't always know about.  I get that some people think long worded responses are too much to respond to themselves, but sometimes the topic requires more than a passing response.  I admire everyone who brings something to the discussion more than insults and personal vendettas...especially if they have sources to look at and a background where they can speak well on the subject.

No, you admire anyone who reinforces your way of thinking and dislike anyone who does not.  You and Dill are in lockstep, hence your slavish devotion to him.  Same with Fred, an odious person who was disliked by a large percentage of posters, but not you or Dill.  For the exact same reasons.

Quote:Again, you don't speak for the board any more than I do.  In fact I really wish you'd quit speaking to me at all.

A simple solution, you can always block me.  

Quote:But thanks for again saying you know me better than I know myself.  Once again it says more about you than it does me.

You don't see yourself as a highly partisan actor who never disagrees with those on his side of the ideological spectrum?  I gave you a chance to show otherwise, give me a position on which you and Dill disagree.  You, for some odd reason, chose not to do so.  Odd thing, that.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Nikki Haley-What was the cause of the Civil War - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 01-15-2024, 05:15 PM