Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Ideas for a BOLD move that could set the Bengals up for Greater Success ?
(01-15-2024, 02:52 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: I said the same thing I do not see us changing. That why we need to move Dax into the slot to get bigger and faster at that spot along with Dax's issue at coverage deep. 

We rarely play 4-3 and all our linebackers are either soft which get run over by small RB I have seen 200-pound RB truck our 245- and 250-pound starters they are weak. The rest of our backup LB are 235 or smaller. We need a guy that won't get ran over Ray Lewis played at 240 pounds he did not get trucked it is the man on the field. We need a thumper not a guy the jumps on their backs and drags them down like a steer in a rodeo.

We have been playing 4-2 zone so long every team in our division knows us like a book as well as most of the NFL and it shows by how many yards we give up every year this has been an ongoing problem for years we count on turnovers to save our ass because we cannot stop anyone on D.

(01-15-2024, 03:00 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: The Ravens are the only team in our division that is halfass decent at throwing the ball. We got to build the team to beat OUR DIVISON FOES. The Mike does not have to be a Bulky guy he just has to be a guy that don't get ran over top of and can lay a hit on a RB knocking him back.

Saying our LBs are soft and get trucked simply isnt true. If you believe this then nothing else you say has any credibility. If you say they were out of position too much or blocked too easily this season then yes we can all get on board with that. I could also agree that they missed too many open field tackles. But they were not run over.

Being out of position could have been presnap issues with the secondary, but there is no good excuse.
Being blocked always comes down to the dline first. If the dline is bad then the LB corp is usually bad as well.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Any Ideas for a BOLD move that could set the Bengals up for Greater Success ? - casear2727 - 01-15-2024, 05:51 PM