Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Nikki Haley-What was the cause of the Civil War
(01-15-2024, 05:32 PM)Dill Wrote: The bolded could be said about anyone in this forum.

No, it absolutely cannot.  Give me a left leaning policy you don't support.

Quote:Where did the "perfectly match" criterion come from? Who has asked you, or anyone, to be in "ideological lockstep" with any group?

Reading comprehension fail.  It's not that it's asked, it's that it's attacked if it is not given.

Quote:I've never called you a "Republican." But I'm "desperate" to slap that label on you? 

Have you, maybe not?  Have several other posters here, absolutely.  In fact later in this very post you'll essentially do exactly that.

Quote:I'm not the only one who wonders why you constantly attack "the left" and defend right wing policies,

Actually, I attack policies I disagree with, both right and left.  Examples of right wing policies I vehemently disagree with; abortion, gay rights, transgender people serving in the military, immigration, legalization of marijuana.  Could you name any left wing policies you disagree with?

Quote:but present yourself as "independent," simply because you and Luvnit, whom you often stand shoulder to shoulder with, don't "perfectly match." 

And here you actually label me a Republican, after claiming not to in this very post.  Luvnit is a self described Republican.  I probably disagree with him on more things than I disagree with you on.  But I absolutely will not allow you and your buddies to bully him simply because the left outnumbers the right here.  If he is being treated unfairly you're damned right I'll call it out.

Quote:You call people who consistently defend left and liberal politics "leftists."

Uh, is that inaccurate?

Quote:Why are you so desperate NOT to be called a "rightist" for consistently defending right wing politics? 

I'm not desperate for anything.  But if you think I'm going to allow you and your ilk to slap labels on me simply because it makes you feel better about being confronted on your bullshit then I will absolutely push back on it.  I've cited some very left leaning policies I am in favor of.  Perhaps you could provide me with a similar list of the right wing policies I defend.  it should be simple as you claim I do so "consistently".  I'll not be responding until after the Steelers game, so spare yourself the effort until then.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Nikki Haley-What was the cause of the Civil War - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 01-15-2024, 06:28 PM