Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So how do we think they should approach the offseason?
Free Agency: Fill all holes possible before the draft. (RT, TE, WR, DT, CB, FS) Include veteran leadership to young rooms (Safety, DB, WR). This is not the time for high risk, high reward. Sign a competent RT, even better if they can kick in to guard after the draft; sign a veteran DT (I like Reader; also Tart), get a veteran true FS to add to very young room of Hill, Battle, and Anderson. Sign someone to compete at WR2 who can go deep (I'm assuming Chase and Jones can play inside or out and Iosivas either outside spot.) Add depth to the CB room. Re-sign Hudson and Sample. All defensive FAs can be on a snap count or in a rotation so they can be older or injury-prone.
Splurge on a TE; we will continue to use double TEs and can use a good one. If I would choose a second position to splurge on it would be CB; JMO. If there's still money, QB pressure can be bought on short-term contracts.
What not to do: Sign a big long contract that will place the team in a position not to draft BPA and not develop younger players who show promise.
My targets: RT George Fant, TE Noah Fant, WR Bourne, DT Tart, CB Ya-Sin, S Whitehead Premium: Q Williams DT (pass-rush only), Autrey DE/DT, Gilmore CB
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: So how do we think they should approach the offseason? - puddycat - 01-16-2024, 04:10 AM