Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So how do we think they should approach the offseason?
(01-16-2024, 11:51 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Im not sure how excited I am regarding this year's free agency. I fully support addressing needs in free agency instead of the draft. I just dont see us making any type of splash.

DT
My pick: Leonard Williams, 30, is an excellent pass rusher and run defender. Will be expensive but guessing a tier below Wilkins & Madubuike numbers. Would be considered a splash for us.

Christian Wilkins, if not tagged, will demand north of 20M with multiple suitors.
Justin Madubuike (see Wilkins)
Chris Jones wants 30M on a multi-year deal.
Sheldon Rankins, 30, is solid, he is not Reader vs the run but is ok, consistent pass rusher.
Teair Tart, 27, ok DT, terrible tackler, Titans cut due to attitude. We tried to sign him off waivers.

RT
My pick: Onwenu, Eluemunor, T Brown

Mike Onwenu, solid, only 26, terrible vs Watt.
Jermaine Eluemunor, solid, 29, terrible vs Watt.
George Fant, pass for me, not a bad pass blocker, never been a good run blocker, 32
Trent Brown, 31, played LT this year but has played RT, was good this season when he played, was a headache for the staff, could be a solid bridge to a younger player.  Like OBj he is 6'8, 370.

RB
My pick:  Any of these guys would be good to great.

Singletary and Swift could be targets if we let Mixon walk
Barkely, Jacobs, Henry and Pollard are bigger names at higher costs

TE
My pick: Fant, 26, 6-4 250, ok blocker with good hands and speed.

Noah Fant or Hunter Henry would be nice
Also available is the same list we have passed on previously, all would be upgrades:
Everett, Gesicki, Schultz

I can see us pick up an Eli Apple type vet CB, or re-sign Awuzie if he is affordable.

I am not sure we will sign a vet safety unless one is cheaper and better than Nick Scott.

Nice post Casear, I get all your thoughts here. All for most of these guys, have to add that Jonah was terrible vs Twatt as well as is 
about any RT in the NFL, he is just that good. Good thing for the Bills he didn't play last night as the game would of been much closer.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: So how do we think they should approach the offseason? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 01-16-2024, 03:02 PM