Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Nikki Haley-What was the cause of the Civil War
(01-15-2024, 06:28 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: but present yourself as "independent," simply because you and Luvnit, whom you often stand shoulder to shoulder with, don't "perfectly match." 

And here you actually label me a Republican, after claiming not to in this very post.  Luvnit is a self described Republican.  I probably disagree with him on more things than I disagree with you on.  But I absolutely will not allow you and your buddies to bully him simply because the left outnumbers the right here.  If he is being treated unfairly you're damned right I'll call it out.

No. I don't "actually label you a Republican" here, "after claiming not to in this very post," simply because I note that you often align yourself with a "self-described Republican." That's another wild and unwarranted inference. And you were not defending Luvnit from the terrible left-wing bullies on this list when you joined and expanded his hyperbolic attack on the New York Times for an erroneous attribution of the Gaza hospital attack. You were enthusiastically standing with him on the same ideological ground with the same ideological target--something you routinely do whether luvnit is in the neighborhood or not.

I've always properly triangulated you as a right wing "independent"--someone who routinely attacks "the left" while consistently defending and deflecting criticism from right wing politicians, all while denying partisanship or party affiliation. You are not the only one in this forum who does that, making this particular conflicted and schizophrenic positioning an interesting contemporary political phenomenon in its own right. I've argued the number of such right wing "independents" seems to have greatly increased during Bush's second term, as many supportive of right wing politics began denying party affiliation. 

(01-15-2024, 06:28 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I'm not desperate for anything.  But if you think I'm going to allow you and your ilk to slap labels on me simply because it makes you feel better about being confronted on your bullshit then I will absolutely push back on it.  I've cited some very left leaning policies I am in favor of.  Perhaps you could provide me with a similar list of the right wing policies I defend.  it should be simple as you claim I do so "consistently".  I'll not be responding until after the Steelers game, so spare yourself the effort until then.

Until you become a moderator or own this forum, you will "allow" me and my ilk to ascribe right wing politics to you when you defend right wing politics and attack left, just as you ascribe left-wing politics to forum members to defend liberal politics and attack right. And you'll allow us to foreground the inconsistency. 

You've defended "right wing" positions on gun control open carry, and Trump's Muslim ban, not to mention some very illiberal Supreme Court decisions. And not just as an isolated affirmation here and there ("I'm pro choice"), but in successions of full-throated, lengthy defenses and personal attacks on those who disagree.  But politics isn't just about policy.  You claim to be pro a woman's right to choose and gay rights, etc. But you approve of Supreme Court appointments which threaten those rights and run interference for the guy who made them. Your energy in this forum goes to attacking "the left," not defending what you call "left wing policies." You empathize with right wing political actors, like Trump supporters who threaten violence if Trump is convicted, not liberal or "left" actors, like BLM. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Nikki Haley-What was the cause of the Civil War - Dill - 01-16-2024, 06:52 PM