Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Nikki Haley-What was the cause of the Civil War
(01-16-2024, 06:52 PM)Dill Wrote: No. I don't "actually label you a Republican" here

Yeah, you did.

Quote:Until you become a moderator or own this forum, you will "allow" me and my ilk to ascribe right wing politics to you when you defend right wing politics and attack left, just as you ascribe left-wing politics to forum members to defend liberal politics and attack right. And you'll allow us to foreground the inconsistency. 

No, I won't.

Quote:You've defended "right wing" positions on gun control open carry,

I'm actually on record as saying open carry is both stupid and pointless.

Quote:and Trump's Muslim ban,

I actually pointed out, correctly, that it wasn't a "Muslim ban".  It did not include the vast majority of Muslim nations nor did it include only Muslim majority nations.  I also correctly pointed out that he had the authority to do so.

Quote:not to mention some very illiberal Supreme Court decisions. 

Like Dobbs?  You mean by pointing out that the Roe decision was actually far more radical than the decision overturning it?  Or that claiming abortion is a Constitutional right under the 14th Amendments right to privacy was rather shoddy logic and a very shaky foundation?  Odd that you leveled no similar criticisms at Bel, who (and forgive me if I am overstating this Bel) shares an almost identical opinion.  Either way I'm in favor of a woman's right to choose.

Quote:And not just as an isolated affirmation here and there ("I'm pro choice"), but in successions of full-throated, lengthy defenses and personal attacks on those who disagree.  But politics isn't just about policy.  You claim to be pro a woman's right to choose and gay rights, etc. But you approve of Supreme Court appointments which threaten those rights and run interference for the guy who made them. Your energy in this forum goes to attacking "the left," not defending what you call "left wing policies." You empathize with right wing political actors, like Trump supporters who threaten violence if Trump is convicted, not liberal or "left" actors, like BLM. 

After your litany of failure here I reminded of Douglas Murray's statement made towards Dino's buddy, Malcolm Gladwell, while thoroughly eviscerating him during the Munk Debate in Canada. "You listen to nothing that your opponents say."  I do appreciate you taking the time to type this, as it confirmed everything I already thought about you.  You don't actually read what is said or try and comprehend it.  You simply note the author and respond based on your personal feelings about them.  It explains a lot, so again, I thank you.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Nikki Haley-What was the cause of the Civil War - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 01-16-2024, 08:14 PM