Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Nikki Haley-What was the cause of the Civil War
(01-16-2024, 08:14 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I actually pointed out, correctly, that it wasn't a "Muslim ban".  It did not include the vast majority of Muslim nations nor did it include only Muslim majority nations.  I also correctly pointed out that he had the authority to do so.

Like Dobbs?  You mean by pointing out that the Roe decision was actually far more radical than the decision overturning it?  Or that claiming abortion is a Constitutional right under the 14th Amendments right to privacy was rather shoddy logic and a very shaky foundation?  Odd that you leveled no similar criticisms at Bel, who (and forgive me if I am overstating this Bel) shares an almost identical opinion.  Either way I'm in favor of a woman's right to choose.

After your litany of failure here I reminded of Douglas Murray's statement made towards Dino's buddy, Malcolm Gladwell, while thoroughly eviscerating him during the Munk Debate in Canada. "You listen to nothing that your opponents say."  I do appreciate you taking the time to type this, as it confirmed everything I already thought about you.  You don't actually read what is said or try and comprehend it.  You simply note the author and respond based on your personal feelings about them.  It explains a lot, so again, I thank you.

As I explained while you were defending the Muslim ban, it had to be continually reworked to eliminate religious criteria for banning. 
Its intent was still to stem the flow of Muslim refugees from certain countries. They took out the word "Muslim" so apparently that fooled you.
So you were definitely running interference for Trump in that discussion. Still are, it seems.

Nevermind all the Dobbs dodgery. My case was never that you don't agree with some liberal positions. 

My case is that you routinely, even obsessively, attack something you call "the left," while running interference for Trump, whom of course you are "on record" as disliking. 
You've not addressed that at all. Is it false to say you routinely attack something you call "the left"? 

Again, you spend a lot of time talking about how you feel about my post, without addressing the argument. Looks like your'e going to claim I don't listen, while ignoring the evidence presented. Got to run now. Maybe I'll finish this later.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Nikki Haley-What was the cause of the Civil War - Dill - 01-17-2024, 12:50 PM