Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So how do we think they should approach the offseason?
Tee + trenches is basically the story of our off-season.
Throw TE in as well.

We basically need, in my view:

1) 3 players at DT/NT. A starting quality nose/run stuffer (that is Reader), someone who can rush the passer from inside (FA DT or day 2 draft pick), and another NT type who is a Tufele/Tupou upgrade to hold the fort until DJ is healthy. Maybe Hill could hold up?

2) 2 starting quality WRs. One will be Tee, the other would be a draft pick, round 2 or 3. Boyd on the cheap would be OK, but I'd still want another more explosive guy, probably at Irwin's expense.

3) Starting RT. Most likely in Rd1.

4) Starting TE.
5) CB4.
-------------

That is eight guys. 6 after you pencil in Tee & Reader. Figure 3 in Rds 1-3. Maybe CB4 or the NT "hold the fort" guy can wait until Day 3 of the draft. Still, we need to fill at least 1 more hole in FA. Probably 2-3, but then the quality of player is lower (two $10 mil guys vs 1 $20 mil guy vs 3 $7 mil guys, vs a 1 $10 and 2 $5s, etc).

We figure to have $20 mil or so in FA to plug more of those holes. Barring getting guys to restructure deals (which I would try to do, aggressively).
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: So how do we think they should approach the offseason? - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 01-17-2024, 02:19 PM