Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MDD Way too cold to do anything outside Simulation
RD. 1 - 18th Selection

My target selection was Amarius Mims and with the players available on the board and the make up of the Philly roster I felt safe that I could trade and improve draft capital while getting the player I wanted. So I accepted a trade with Philly sending them the 18th overall selection and the 115th selection in the 4th round for the 19th overall selection and the 83rd selection in the 3rd round.

RD. 1 - 19th Selection

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSLXTQ-6dQqa2wioOljMKr...g&usqp=CAU]

Amarius Mims - OT - Georgia - 6'7" 340

Yes, the sample size is relatively small on Mims with him only having 8 collegiate starts but the traits as well as track record of producing quality offensive linemen that are extremely well coached make this a seemingly safer selection than it may normally be. The football IQ he has displayed could be considered elite when you look at how quickly he processes and reacts to what is happening on the field from the defense. Then there is the obvious in that he has elite size and athleticism for his size. Mims coupled with Brown Jr. make for a formidable pair of OTs.

Round 2 - 49th Selection

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRkVDpbIzcGgw9pRb7hT4Q...Q&usqp=CAU]

T'Vondre Sweat - DT - Texas - 6'4" 346

There are things that are for certain and that is in the AFC Central you have to be able to stop the run and that without DJ Reader in the lineup the Bengals struggled profoundly in this area. Even if Reader is re-signed this is the selection and provides the guy that can spell Reader as well as be the heir apparent to his position. Ideally, you would like to see Sweat shed 10-15 pounds and this should be achievable in an NFL weight and nutrition plan.

Sweat is a beast of a man who religiously requires double teams which keep other players clean to make plays but also is a player that has shown the ability to defeat double teams. He has elite strength and anchor along with very violent hands. Dropping some weight could also make him more of a factor in the passing game as well.

The name of the game in the AFC Central is the trenches and these first two selections improve this franchise on both fronts.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: MDD Way too cold to do anything outside Simulation - OSUfan - 01-17-2024, 06:29 PM